If asked to women what she would like to do with her finance, they would stress upon the points such as securing a house, children’s education, and probably a car, whereas a man generally has a different set of plan for his finance. It is a common adage that “men buy shares from Mars and women have a savings account on Venus”. So, what are the characteristics that highlight difference of opinion between men and women?
The “Risk” factor
Studies reveal that men are generally more open to make decisions which involve certain amount of risk. Women on the other hand tend to make decisions which lead to stability. Well, this could be because of a number of factors, such as lack of confidence, less amount of money to invest, a different viewpoint of making an investment or lack of financial knowledge.
Viewpoint of making an investment
It is observed that men focus on long-term goals and retirement security. Although women also wants to do that but they want to first focus on the short-term and day-to-day finance management. This natural attitude of women makes them opt for secure investment.
Shweta Kumari Sharma
Latest posts by Shweta Kumari Sharma (see all)
- The Biggest Technology Lessons I Learned From My Grandfather - October 15, 2017
- Mrs. Rama Ramasamy – A Woman On A Mission To Educate - October 3, 2017
- Mrs. Funnybones Singing the Legendary of Lakshmi Prasad - July 9, 2017
- “Why am I doing this?” – The Most Powerful Question You Can Ask with the Onset of Any Task - April 29, 2017
- Why Time Stops at Shamli – Ruskin Bond Explains it All - April 23, 2017